Enhancements highlight AvePoint’s commitment to help businesses mitigate risk, protect business critical applications, and drive productivity
AvePoint, the most advanced SaaS and data management platform provider, announced the addition of data recovery capabilities for Microsoft Azure. Now, AvePoint’s leading Cloud Backup solution extends protection to Microsoft Azure workloads to help businesses collaborate with confidence across their Microsoft deployments.
As more companies rely on Microsoft Azure, which currently captures over 20% of all public cloud spend, it is imperative they properly protect all stored data. AvePoint Cloud Backup complements native Microsoft backup, ensuring companies can comprehensively satisfy their compliance, productivity and business continuity requirements.
Latest ITechnology News: Radware Research: Overconfidence in API Protection Leaves Enterprises Exposed to Cyberattacks
The addition of Microsoft Azure Backup as part of Cloud Backup includes:
- Periodic Full and Incremental Backup: To incur minimal data-loss risk, business critical applications and data are backed up every six hours or up to four times per day.
- Cloud to Cloud Backup: Accommodating multi-cloud needs and preferences, customers have the option to securely store their data in AvePoint’s Azure Storage or a private cloud.
- Point in Time and Granular Level Restore: Providing a seamless experience for customers, AvePoint provides time or object-based restores, which can be adjusted based on the scope of the backup, within minutes as opposed to days.
- Full Fidelity Recovery: To simplify the restore process and maintain business continuity, specific users, groups, group memberships and applications remain intact.
“The need for a disaster recovery plan covering multiple clouds and workloads has unfortunately become abundantly clear with surging data breaches and ransomware attacks in the past few years,” said John Peluso, Chief Product Officer, AvePoint. “With the addition of Microsoft Azure backup, we now ensure that wherever business critical data lives, it is frequently backed up, and can be quickly accessed and restored, that way, organizations reduce their overall risk and boost productivity.”
Latest ITechnology News: QPR Software Brings a Revolutionary Solution for Process Mining Powered by Snowflake
Today, AvePoint’s SaaS solution for multi-cloud backup offers capabilities for Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Salesforce, Dynamics 365, and now Microsoft Azure, which includes Virtual Machines (VMs), Active Directory (AD), and Storage. To bolster its already robust capabilities, AvePoint recently introduced Ransomware Detection, which proactively detects suspicious behavior within Microsoft OneDrive, and, if necessary, restores all or specific data for Cloud Backup customers.
“Even though most data deletion in the cloud is accidental, these emergencies can have a serious impact on our customers and their businesses,” Thomas Turner, Director of Microsoft Security and Compliance, RSM. “Now, with AvePoint’s backup and governance functionality for Microsoft 365 workloads, RSM can quickly restore data and help align our customers’ internal policies and regulatory requirements.”
Cloud Backup continues to garner industry recognition, including:
- Named a Spring 2022 Leader Badge for the Online Backup Software grid by G2
- Leader in the Forrester New Wave: SaaS Application Data Protection
- Included as a Representative Vendor in 2022 Gartner Market Guide for Backup as a Service
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]